Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Alternative Reading

I am a terrible blogger. I rarely update. My posts lack focus and proper attention to detail. They are all about me and offer little general information about South Africa or the Peace Corps. Frankly I'm surprised that people keep reading, but thank you. I appreciate having an audience as opposed to being a cyberspace pariah.

In any case, I'd like to direct you to a few blogs that I read routinely and think you might enjoy.

First up we have Ryan of www.doughnutorbitals.com. Ryan's blog is well-written, insightful and often amusing. The topics covered by his blog include dubious construction projects and musings on everything from HIV to inflation. Photos and other graphics provide visual interest that is far, far more stimulating than the walls of text you'll find here. (And yes, if you read the post "And Then There Were Two," I am now his nearest volunteer. Go Moshaweng!)

Next I am pleased to introduce Karen. She was in my language group during training and her blog is every bit as fun and thoughtful as she is. Her focus is usually the day-to-day activities that make up a volunteer's world. She is a prolific poster of pictures that capture everything from the beauty of space heaters to soy products (things that volunteers truly appreciate). Check her out at http://karenkaye789.blogspot.com.

Finally, we have Gabi of http://acgcsouthafrica.wordpress.com. Like mine, her blog is light on pictures, but high on perspective. She lives very far from me and so her experiences are quite often very different. It's good for comparison. Also, funny and/or horrifying things have a way of happening to her and reading about them is entertaining.

Of course there are tons of other Peace Corps South Africa blogs out there, many of which I peruse and enjoy. These are just a few to which I am particularly attached. Happy reading!

1 comment:

  1. I read Ryan and Karen's blogs often.. they are really very good writers!

    ReplyDelete