Thursday, February 10, 2011

Ghost of Staff Meetings Past

School has been stressful since the teaching staff was reduced. If only our old educators would come back...

Well, one of them did. I waltzed into a staff meeting one morning, took my seat, and there he was, our English and History teacher, back from Limpopo. His new position fell through, and while he's less than thrilled, I'm quite happy he's back (and I'm not paranoid/seeing things). Now that he's taken over a few classes, life is perceptibly calmer. We still don't have a timetable, but at least every classroom has a teacher.

In other news, my power continues to be on and off. I don't know why exactly, but my host family has been better at fixing it in a reasonably timely manner. Shaka has not been sent away. In fact, he seems to be growing on the family. They get great enjoyment out of the fact that he can fetch. I brought home a frisbee last week that he loves. Once it lands, he has the hardest time getting his jaws around the flat surface. Poor flummoxed little puppy! Also on the bright side of life, the computer lab at school has air conditioning. To the point I actually need a sweater. It's pretty awesome. Theoretically the library is air conditioned too, but it doesn't work as well.

In Longtom-related news, thanks for all the donations that have been flooding in! Actually, I have no idea about the state of my fundraising. I have not been sent any word as yet, but I should hear soon. I offer my thanks on faith (and a few e-mails).

In local news, the Kuruman postal workers are on strike. I'm looking forward to a flood of mail approximately six months' from now. Unless it all gets stolen. Such is life.

That's all for now, folks. Nothing much is going on here. I just wanted to let you know I'm alive and kicking.

No comments:

Post a Comment