Friday, February 5, 2010

Longtom Marathon

First off, I'd like to apologise for my long absence from this blog. All I can say in my defense is that time and money, before my Blackberry, were tight and I often had to choose between lunch with friends and time alone in front of a desktop. As you can guess, I usually opted for lunch. Anyway, now that, courtesy of my parents' annual masquerade as Santa, I now have a Blackberry which affords me inexpensive internet access from just about anywhere. It's very exciting, as you may have guessed from my recent activity on Facebook and even Twitter (kelseypcv).

I have loads to catch everyone up on, but for now I want to focus on an upcoming event that I would really appreciate your help with: the Longtom marathon.

This marathon takes place during the last week of March near Sabie in Mpumalanga, South Africa. The route is 56 kilometers total, while the "half" marathon is *only* 21. I will be making an effort at this scramble through the mountains in support of the KLM foundation. This charity was started by former Peace Corps Volunteers in South Africa. Its mission is to provide deserving students from impoverished areas a quality education that would otherwise be unavailable to them by providing scholarships to Uplands College. The organization relies heavily on funds raised at the annual Longtom marathon, so if the thought of me panting away on the side of a cliff near God's Window brings a smile to your face, please consider a donation. A few dollars can go a long ways here, so whatever you can afford is much appreciated. There are two ways to give:

Method 1: Online


* Go to the KLM foundation website http://www.klm-foundation.org   
* Click on the Donate photo in the upper left corner.
* This opens up a secure https connection for you to donate
* Please put my name in the Longtom marathon field (so organizers know who you're sponsoring)

Method 2: Check


* Make out a check to: Kgwale Le Mollo (US)
* Add a post it declaring that Kelsey Soeth is the PCV you're sponsoring
* Mail it to:
KLM Foundation (US)
        c/o Bowen Hsu
       461 So. Bonita Avenue
       Pasadena, CA 91107

My fundraising minimum goal is $100, so please dig deep everyone. Thanks! I solemnly swear that I will not another 4 months before I update this blog again.

No comments:

Post a Comment