Thursday, August 4, 2011

Blast from the Past

It's funny that I'm out of work again this time of year. Last year it was the teachers striking. Now it's the learners. It's really all the same to me. I have no reason to get out of bed in the morning. The most productive thing I've done all week is wash my hair (twice).

I would love to take the time off as an opportunity to do a bit of traveling, but I'm certain that Murphy's Law would kick in as soon as I hit the road. As soon as I got away from Loopeng I would receive a call from school saying that classes would begin the very next day. It's a pickle, for sure.

Rumours abound as to when school will begin again. I've heard anywhere from Wednesday next week to sometime after the 19th. I'm torn between enjoying the break and tearing my hair out in frustration and anticipation of the massive workload I'll have once school starts again. August was the last month of just classes before exams begin in September. We had a ton of material to cover in very little time, and now we have just as much material to squeeze into a rapidly shrinking time frame.

I'm feeling a bit stressed, in spite of my newfound free time. On the bright side, I had a chest x-ray required by the Department of Home Affairs to extend my visa and guess what? I do not have an active case of pulmonary tuberculosis. That's about as good as it gets, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment