Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Apocalypto

It's the end of the world as we know it, and I'm wet and freezing cold.

School has started back up, and I'm recently returned from an epic journey in Botswana. I'd love to tell you more about it, but I'm just too darn cold to lift my frozen fingers out from their fleece pockets. The weather is not supposed to be like this. Winter in southern Africa is chilly, but dry and cloudless. Except that this year, it's cold, cloudy and, occassionally, rainy. I think it's a sign of the apocalypse, or maybe the rapture. Whatever it is, I'm popping straight back to bed and blankets soon.

I will give you a little teaser about my vacation though. In the words of Spamalot...

Oh, Patsy, this is a total bloody disaster! All my knights have fled, and we're lost in a dark and very expensive forest.

Throw in a couple broken ribs, a hefty portion of theft, two overzealous banks and a sprinkling of bizarre (and mildly offensive) strangers, and well, that's basically it. Obviously, it was a good time.

No comments:

Post a Comment